February 10, 2017

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Part 1

I'd finally set out to make my mark; to find adventure. But instead adventure found me. 

I fell in love with Lara Croft when I first played the Lara Croft game in 2015. I know. I was really behind. It came out in 2013. I completely finish games before moving on to the next one, so it takes me a while to get to new games.

Anyway, I really wanted to cosplay this Lara. I always hated her old look. Seriously, who goes cave-hunting in tiny shorts with boobs practically falling out? But this game. Lara wear comfortable, sensible clothing that I was dying to recreate.

Also. Her weapons. never have I ever enjoyed bow mechanics as much as I did in this game. Have you not played it? PLAY IT. I think I may have to replay it sometime soon.

I started off making her pick axe. I made it from several layers of craft foam that I glued together. 





After slathering the axe in countless layers of gesso, I used acrylic paint and then spray sealed it.



After finishing the axe, I focused on her bow. I already had a bow from when I made Tauriel, so I decided that I'd save time and resources and use that. The arrows are made from painted dowels, erasers, and craft foam.


I bought a jacket and a shirt at Goodwill. The jacket was 8 sizes too large, but I pulled it apart and made it my size. Then I distressed and bloodied the shirt and jacket. 

The pants are made from slightly stretchy linen and completely made by hand. I used an old pair of skinny jeans to create the pattern.
I did do a photoshoot for this cosplay and will have the photos up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment